The European Commission has announced the 2012 EMAS Award winners
• Private micro-organisations: Abwasserverband Anzbach Laabental (Austria)
• Private small organisations: Riechey Freizeitanlagen GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
• Private medium-sized organisations: Neumarkter Lammsbräu (Germany)
• Private large organisations: Lafarge Cement UK (United Kingdom)
• Public small organisations: Comune di Tavarnelle Val di Pesa (Italy)
• Public large organisations: Bristol City Council (United Kingdom)
The EMAS Club Catalonia has created the first network for internal auditors of EMAS registered organisations.
Impressive performance of EMAS-registered companies in sustainability ranking
EMAS-registered businesses come in first in the 2011 IÖW/future Ranking of Sustainability Reports of 150 large and 41 small and medium sized German enterprises.
EU Ecolabel scheme recognised by Hotelforum 2012
The EU Ecolabel scheme received the Blue Hotel Award from Hotelforum 2012, the European meeting for professionals around hotel properties that took place in Munich in October 2012.